The Friends of the Wizard and Typhoon would like to sincerely thank a few people, for their generous assistance, support and encouragement:
- Mr Eric Stanley Tomkins – (T E Bulch’s grandson) – For ongoing information and photographs about his grandfather as well as having generously shared his family history research on Thomas Bulch – which incidentally can be accessed at Shildon branch of Durham County Library.
- Robert Wray – For sharing his notes and letters from his original research into George Allan, which began in the 1980s, which included a lovely photograph and some personal memories from Mrs Dorothy Allan (George’s granddaughter, alas now deceased).
- Robert Pattie – of the City of Ballarat Brass Band in Australia, for kindly sharing some of his notes from his research into Bulch’s Model Band and, of course, into Thomas E Bulch.
- Chris Ducardus – of the City of Ballarat Brass Band, for sharing part of the band’s collection of score from the works of T. E. Bulch.
- Sarah Woodward – of the Kirkbymoorside Town Brass Band for generous help in sharing “Belmont” with us.
- Elaine Wilkins – of Stamford Brass Band for the kind assistance in rifling through the band library to find what has been something of a ‘Holy Grail’ for us in the form of what is understood to be Thomas E Bulch’s first published march ‘The Typhoon’.
- Sharon Poole and Felling Brass Band – for agreeing to be the first band of The Wizard and The Typhoon for our initial workshop and concert at Ushaw College on 4 August 2018.
- Richard Evans – for his support and highly respected expertise in our first Wizard and Typhoon workshop and concert.
- Archie MacKay – and the Shildon Town Crier – for their support